“There’s only one team and everyone is on it.” This has been a key message that Jacque Allen, Chief Executive Officer at Your Housing Group has championed since she joined 3 years ago, at the start of lockdown.
In this episode, Jacque shares with us her journey into the CEO role and the challenges that joining on the first day of lockdown posed. Jacque never saw herself as a senior leader, and we go deep into how she pushed through the negativity, both internal and external.
We dive deep into culture, and what great leadership looks like. Jacque shares with us the key messages that she instils into her team that establish inclusivity and openness across the group, and how she has gotten everyone on board.
We get insight into YHG’s partnerships, including their work in suicide prevention with CALM and Papyrus. Jacque is passionate about supporting her team and customers. We ask her how she ensures that she looks after her own wellbeing as a leader while providing that support. And finally, we find out what’s next on the horizon for YHG.
In this episode, we cover:
- The experience of joining an organisation as a CEO at the start of lockdown.
- Building new homes while keeping the focus on quality.
- The differences between the challenges faced working for a small housing association vs. a large one.
- Creating a culture of openness and inclusion.
- What makes a great CEO?
- How can a leader continue to support their colleagues whilst ensuring that they’re looking after their own wellbeing?
- Your Housing Group’s work with Papyrus and CALM in suicide prevention.
- What’s next for YHG?