Mansell Building Solutions has been providing local homes for local people by local people for generations.
In this episode, we speak with Managing Director, Angela Mansell. The specialist contractor, based in Horwich, Bolton, was founded by Angela’s dad in 1991 and now has Angela and her sister at the helm.
We discover Angela’s journey into her role and the trigger that pushed her into housing. We ask Angela what it’s been like to take on the legacy of the business and we get insight into how Mansell became a leader in their speciality of dry lining.
Angela is not fond of the term sub-contractor… we find out why this is and the alternative she puts forward that she feels better suits the organisation’s role. We speak about the power of people and how to forge the right relationships with contractors.
We go deep into MMC and its benefits and challenges. We speak about how we can bust the jargon to make things clearer for customers and third parties. And, we ask one of the National Federation of Builders’ Top 100 Most Influential Women in Construction her views on the solutions to solving the housing crisis!
In this episode, we cover:
- How Mansell Building Solutions became a specialist in dry lining.
- How Angela has built on the legacy of the organisation.
- How can we better communicate MMC with tenants?
- Why is Angela not fond of the term sub-contractor?
- How do we solve the housing crisis?
- Becoming more inclusive through changing the way we build.
- What does Angela want to see for Manchester and the organisation in the next 5 years?